Xtreme Care Ambulance of San Diego is a general transport (not 911 emergency response) ambulance company. While smaller than its regional competitors, the company has built a loyal customer base but its brand awareness is low in a crowded market. Increasing awareness would increase transport requests, helping the company to grow even more rapidly.
Feeding off Xtreme Care Ambulance’s energy and enthusiasm, 10 to 1 Public Relations is created a full- service PR strategy and implementation plan, with media relations being a primary component. Following 10 to 1 Public Relations’ “Drip” strategy of lots of small media stories, the goal is to create on-going positive news opportunities (both print and broadcast) to help build up a positive reputation to increase transport requests.
10 to 1 Public Relations helped the company increase transports in part through an aggressive media relations program that includes but is not limited to:
- Partnering with local Meals on Wheels to deliver meals by ambulance. Watch video.
- Home for the Holidays transport. Watch video at: http://youtu.be/uXhWDVhKTGc
- Valentine’s Day Date bringing together a married couple living in separate care facilities. Watch video.
- Countywide CPR Training Day (covered by many news outlets including a live morning TV news demonstration)
- Numerous print media targeted press releases such as announcing the new CFO, etc.)