Unmasking 10 to 1 Employees: Mayra Vasquez
Mayra Vasquez – Public Relations Coordinator
I am a recent ASU graduate with degrees in English (Writing, Rhetoric, & Literacies) and Communication. I’ve always loved writing, but I knew I wanted a career in public relations because I’m invested in how a message is crafted and how audiences respond to the story told. I’m also a lover of horror movies, rock music, and Thai food.
But first, the company had to completely change its original focus. Title Alliance started out as the Title Abstract Co. of Pennsylvania, which was founded in 1948.
What’s your favorite book?
The Humans, by Matt Haig
Best advice you’ve ever been given?
The right opportunity is waiting for you.
Your favorite magazine, publication, or outlet?
VICE or Vox – I love the interesting stories they report.
What’s one lesson you’ve learned from your time in Public Relations?
You can’t control everything and sometimes you’re going to have just work with what you have.
When you’re not at work…
I love going out with friends and family to discover amazing places in Arizona like scenic places in nature or the best local restaurants. I also have two little nephews who are my entire world and I love spending my time with them and watching them grow up.
- 10 to 1 Public Relations Wins Its Third “PR Agency of the Year” Award in 2023
- These Types of Deepfakes Can Affect Your Business
- Erica Fetherston Promoted to Vice President at 10 to 1 Public Relations
- Deepfakes: The End of ‘Seeing is Believing’
- Companies will face a new type of crisis because of AI. They aren’t prepared.